Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What are the benefits of a master’s degree?
- A: There are many benefits to earning a master’s degree such as the possibility of career advancement opportunities, increasing your earning potential, and increasing your competitiveness in the job market. A master’s degree from OU may also better qualify you for management and leadership positions. In fact, some employers require a master’s degree for management-level positions. OU is a top-tier public institution, and our programs are taught by world-class faculty and professors of practice who prepare students for future success.
- Q: What are the benefits/advantages of taking online classes?
- A: Online courses offer convenience and flexibility for you to learn on your own time. Taught by the same world-class faculty and industry leaders, you’ll receive the same degree as a student who attends classes on campus. The online format promotes engaged learning and facilitates connection with fellow students from all over the world providing a rich educational environment and networking opportunities. Like an on-campus degree, the University of Oklahoma’s online programs are accredited and recognized by employers.
- Q: What kind of student support do you offer?
- A: Online students receive the same access to resources that on-campus students do. Many of our students have been out of school for a few years or have never experienced online learning; this is why we have a student success team available throughout the program. Our Student Success team provides training on technology and tips to prepare you to be a successful online student. We want students to focus on academics, so we enroll you in all your courses and provide assistance with any administrative items you might need throughout the program.
- Q: What is OU’s mission?
- A: OU is a top-tier public institution offering high-quality, affordable, professional graduate programs that are committed to maintaining academic excellence. Our mission is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to state and society.
- Q: Is OU accredited?
- A: Yes, OU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is one of six regional accrediting agencies in the United States. You can find more information regarding OU’s accreditation here.
- Q: I may be eligible for VA benefits. Who do I contact for this information?
- A: Those who may be eligible for VA benefits should contact Veteran Student Services by email at email@example.com or phone (405) 325-4308. You can also find more information on our Veteran Support Alliance page.
- Q: How much does this degree cost?
- A: Tuition for the OU online MS in Supply Chain Management program is $31,520 (32 credit hours at $985 per credit hour). Fees associated with the program are included in this cost. Books and materials are additional. There is also a $350 non-refundable tuition deposit that reserves a spot in the upcoming class and will count towards the first-semester tuition.
- Q: How do I pay for my degree? (Include financial aid and any relevant scholarships/grants available)
- A: The University of Oklahoma’s Financial Aid office assists students by providing information about financial aid opportunities available at the University of Oklahoma. Please visit the OU Online Financial Aid page, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (405) 325-2929 to learn more.
- Q: What jobs do people find after graduation?
- A: Graduates may find jobs such as Contract Manager, Strategic Sourcing Manager, Logistics Manager, Operations Analyst, Quality Control Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst, Director of Quality Assurance, Director of Operations, or Director of Procurement, among others.
- Q: I want to change careers. Is this program right for me?
A: Typically, students of the MS in Supply Chain Management program have business backgrounds, but it could be an opportunity for those looking to make a career change as well.
We suggest filling out the request form and one of our enrollment coaches will be in touch to discuss the program and help you determine if it is a good fit for you and your goals.
- Q: Is the degree 100% online?
- A: Yes, the 100% online curriculum offers convenience and flexibility for students working full-time.
- Q: Do online classes meet at certain times?
- A: The Supply Chain Management program is a blend of asynchronous and synchronous coursework. The curriculum includes live lectures that meet in the evening via Zoom, typically around 7 PM CST.
- Q: Are instructors trained to teach online?
- A: Yes! Plus, OU’s MS in Supply Chain Management curriculum is created and taught by the same faculty as the Top-20 ranked undergraduate supply chain management program.1
- Q: How long will the program take to complete?
- A: The MS in Supply Chain Management is a 32-credit program designed to be completed in 16 months.
- Q: What are the required prerequisites for this program?
- A: Applicants are required to hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Letters of recommendation and GRE/GMAT scores will not be required, however international applicants must receive a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper-based test (250 on the computer, 100 on the internet-based test) sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Institution Code: 6879.
- Q: Can I transfer credits?
- A: Transfer credits are up to the discretion of the admissions committee.
- Q: What are the admission requirements?
A: To apply to the OU Online MS SCM program, students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or international equivalent). The admissions committee does require the following:
- Personal statement - 300-500 word statement on career goals and how the MSSCM aligns with those goals.
- Official transcripts
- Current resume
- International applicants must receive a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper-based test (250 on the computer, 100 on the internet-based test).
Letters of Recommendation and GRE/GMAT scores are not required to apply for this program. Candidates can submit their application at graduate.online.ou.edu/apply
- Q: Once I’ve applied, what happens next?
- A: Once the application is completed, an enrollment coach will reach out to let the applicant know that all the required documents have been received. Typically, decisions can take anywhere from a couple of days to a week. The enrollment coach will be in touch throughout the decision process.
- Q: When do classes start?
- A: The Supply Chain Management program has two starts per year, Fall and Spring.