If you are ready to take your career in the renewable energy industry to the next level, apply today to join the EMBA program at the Price College of Business.
Selecting candidates for admission is a critical decision for the EMBA in Energy with a Renewables specialization. Since these are experienced working professionals, OU considers more than scores, GPA, and other numerical performance indicators when reviewing candidates. For this reason, admission decisions for the EMBA in Energy will consider three primary areas of evaluation: Professional Experience, Academic Qualifications, and Additional Relevant Criteria (e.g., potential contribution to learning experience of the program, maturity and motivation, community service and professional activities, etc.). Candidates should review the following requirements before applying:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least eight years of total work experience*
- Including a minimum of three years of significant experience in the management of people, projects, or business units.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in the energy industry related to selected specialization (Hydrocarbons or Renewables).
- Preference for active employment with a renewable energy company, or energy-related company, or energy-related work within a company.
*We will consider exceptional students with fewer than eight years of work experience if they can demonstrate a high level of responsibility and achievement.
As part of the admissions process, applicants will be asked to submit:
- An online application.
- Letter of Acknowledgement – A written acknowledgement from the applicant’s organization, confirming that the organization understands the time commitments required to fulfill all program requirements and study, including in-person modules.
- A current resume.
- Personal Statement – To help the admissions committee gain a better understanding of you, your professional accomplishments to date and your career aspirations.
- Candidate interview – done using Zoom Web Conferencing.
- English as a native language or a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 100.
In addition, the applicant should be willing to take the GMAT, other classes or tests, if requested by the Admissions Committee. Once accepted to the program, students must submit a $1,500 deposit to reserve a spot in the upcoming class.
Questions about Admissions?
For more information on the admissions process, please complete the contact form and an admissions counselor will be in touch shortly.